Muffins are perfect for eating on the day and also freezing. These apple and cinnamon muffins are so quick to make, they can even be made before school if you are short on lunchbox fillers. Use tinned pie apples for ease, or stew your own apples if you are keen. Enjoy.
APPLE AND CINNAMON MUFFINS
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 large or 12 small muffins
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 400g of pie apples
- 2 teaspoons of raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/325˚F/Gas mark 4. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour, mix gently, then fold through the apple.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them to ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar, the place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand in muffin tin for 5 minutes, before placing on a cooling rack.