These chicken nuggets beat any takeaway options available. The kids will go crazy for them, as you will too once you try them.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 600g / 1¼ lb of chicken thigh fillets
- salt (iodised)
- 150g of plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300g breadcrumbs (panko or wholemeal)
- olive oil or olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C fan forced.
- Cut thigh fillets into 5–6 pieces per fillet, removing any fat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, then coat with flour.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg wash and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Spray nuggets on both sides with olive oil, or pour a little olive oil onto a plate and dip the chicken pieces on both sides into the olive oil and then place on the baking tray.
- Cook for 15–20 minutes in the hot oven, turning once to brown on all sides.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables and tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
If you can’t be bothered cutting the chicken, it is also fine as whole chicken fillets.