These little peanut butter balls are great for a quick energy hit. Make them and freeze them, as it is good to use up powdered milk when you have it. Or keep the powdered milk for your next camping adventure. They are a great gluten-free after-school snack.
PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
Prep: 2 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Makes: 16 balls
- ½ cup (40g) of powdered milk
- ½ cup (40 g) of desiccated coconut + extra for coating
- ½. cup (100g) of smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup (50g) of honey or rice malt syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. If the mixture seems a little dry, add a tablespoon of water.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll the mixture into 3cm/1 inch balls.
- Coat in extra coconut, and roll in your hands to make the coconut stick to the balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze until required.
Best not to send these to school in case there are kids with a nut allergy. Keep for after-school instead.