This has to be one of the simplest breakfasts to make at home rather than buy at the cafe: bircher muesli. Top with toasted almonds, grated apple and a drizzle of honey, berries, poached pears, yoghurt, seeds or shaved coconut. So many options – it just requires some preparation the night before. Enjoy.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: overnight soak
- 100g of rolled oats
- ½ tsp of cinnamon ground
- 100ml of apple juice (50ml will give you a thicker consistency)
- 1 apple, grated
- 20g of sultanas (optional)
- 120g of yoghurt
- 1 tsp of honey
Use frozen berries instead of apple
Replace honey with brown sugar if you prefer
Toasted almonds, pistachio nuts or sunflower seeds, or dried apricots and hazelnuts.
- Place the oats in bowl and pour over the apple juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add the cinnamon, grated apple, sultanas (if using), yoghurt and honey.
- Stir through, top with toasted almonds and eat, and a drizzle of honey.