Sunday night is a great night for a quick meal that doesn’t require a lot of effort. Having one night a week where you do as little as possible, or other members of the family can do for themselves, is a great meal planning hack. Here we give you 7 good ideas for fast meals without a fuss.
- Toasted sandwiches: cheese and tomato, ham and cheese, pesto, sardines, or BLTs. Butter the outside of the bread to give a lovely golden colour to the toast.
- Quick pasta meals: Easy tuna pasta, Carbonara: use ingredients from the pantry and only take 20 minutes to cook. See the Puttanesca and Pesto recipes are on the PlanBuyCook app.
- Eggs anyway you like them: scrambled, poached, fried or boiled. You can always add chilli, spring onions, feta, or chorizo to spice them up a bit.
- Baked potatoes: add your favourite fillings, such as chilli con carne, baked beans, sour cream, butter and corn.
- Soup: check out our Mulligatawny recipe and the PlanBuyCook app for some great soups that can be frozen and served on the night with some crusty bread.
- Pizza: make your own dough or buy a store-bought base or even Lebanese bread from the freezer
- Homemade baked beans.