This tuna pasta recipe is the perfect meal if you are short on time and ingredients. Most of this meal comes out of your pantry, and it is a lifesaver when you need a meal on the table in half an hour.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 285g tinned tuna in oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or grated
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 200ml water
- ¼ tsp of salt (iodised)
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 400g angel hair pasta or pasta of your choice
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Strain the oil from the tuna tin into a saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and parsley to saucepan and cook over a medium heat until fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add tuna, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil some water in a large saucepan for the pasta. Cook pasta according the packet instructions (about 5 minutes for angel hair pasta).
- Strain pasta and return to large saucepan. Stir the tuna sauce through the pasta.
- Serve immediately with dried chilli flakes for those who like them.