This is a super fast marinade that is always a winner on the barbecue. If you don’t have any fresh herbs, you can substitute dried spices instead. If you are cooking for a crowd, you can’t beat this mango chicken recipe for ease.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 600g / 1¼lb of chicken thigh fillets
- ¾ cup of mango chutney
- 6 sprigs of fresh coriander / cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp of turmeric ground
- 1 tsp of cumin ground
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- In a bowl mix the chutney, coriander/cilantro, parsley, turmeric and cumin.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Marinade overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Heat the barbecue to a medium heat. While it is warming up, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Rub the barbecue plate with a little oil on some paper towel, and cook for at least 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad. Great with our rice and lentil salad.
If you don’t have fresh herbs, simply use 1 tsp of coriander ground instead.
Get this and over 130 other great recipe on the PlanBuyCook meal planning app, where you can scale the recipes to match your household size. No more mental maths at the supermarket.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.