This is a super fast marinade that is always a winner on the barbecue. If you don’t have any fresh herbs, you can substitute dried spices instead. If you are cooking for a crowd, you can’t beat this mango chicken recipe for ease.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 600g / 1¼lb of chicken thigh fillets
- ¾ cup of mango chutney
- 6 sprigs of fresh coriander / cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp of turmeric ground
- 1 tsp of cumin ground
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- In a bowl mix the chutney, coriander/cilantro, parsley, turmeric and cumin.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Marinade overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Heat the barbecue to a medium heat. While it is warming up, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Rub the barbecue plate with a little oil on some paper towel, and cook for at least 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad. Great with our rice and lentil salad.
If you don’t have fresh herbs, simply use 1 tsp of coriander ground instead.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.