Chocolate brownies are great for litlle lunch (elevenses) or afternoon tea. Also perfect for lunch boxes. You can freeze these brownies in portions and simply pop them into lunch boxes in the morning.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 50 mins
Makes: 25 pieces (4cm square)
- 125g of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup of plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup of cocoa, sifted
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 4.
- Line a 20cm / 7 inch square tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a saucepan on low to medium heat and stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool (about 10 minutes).
- Add the eggs, and then fold in the flour, cocoa and salt to form a smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, and cook for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.
This recipe freezes well, so place in freezer already cut for an easy lunchbox inclusion.