These gluten-free slices are the ultimate snack for gluten-free kids. They are quick to make and taste great. You can even whip them up before school if your lunch boxes are a little empty.
GLUTEN-FREE WEETBIX BARS
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Makes: 12–16 bars
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of gluten-free plain flour
- 4 gluten-free WeetBix, lightly crushed
- 125g / 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 cup of icing mixture, sifted
- 1 tbsp of cocoa, sifted
- 1 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 4. Line a 20cm / 7 inch square tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Mix the brown sugar, coconut, flour and Weetbix together. Pour in the melted butter and milk, and mix to combine.
- Press mixture into lined tin, and place in oven to cook for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- While cooling, make the icing by mixing the three ingredients. Mix until smooth and glossy.
- When the slice is cooled, spread over the icing using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Meal planning can save you time and money. Check out the PlanBuyCook meal planning app here.
Join our FREE Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.