These gluten-free slices are the ultimate snack for gluten-free kids. They are quick to make and taste great. You can even whip them up before school if your lunch boxes are a little empty.
GLUTEN-FREE WEETBIX BARS
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Makes: 12–16 bars
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of gluten-free plain flour
- 4 gluten-free WeetBix, lightly crushed
- 125g / 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 cup of icing mixture, sifted
- 1 tbsp of cocoa, sifted
- 1 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 4. Line a 20cm / 7 inch square tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Mix the brown sugar, coconut, flour and Weetbix together. Pour in the melted butter and milk, and mix to combine.
- Press mixture into lined tin, and place in oven to cook for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- While cooling, make the icing by mixing the three ingredients. Mix until smooth and glossy.
- When the slice is cooled, spread over the icing using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to eat.