This great homemade lemonade recipe is so easy and yummy. Cool down on a hot day with your own cool drink. The kids can even make their own lemonade stand and sell this great drink to their friends.
Makes: 1 litre
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
- 6 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 3–4 lemons, juiced
- 1 litre of sparkling mineral water (or tap water)
- Place the sugar into a large jug.
- Put a strainer on the top of the jug and pour through the lemon juice to remove the seeds.
- Using a spoon, stir the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the mineral or tap water, and stir to combine.
- Serve with ice cubes.
There are heaps of great activities involved in making a lemonade stand. Kids can make their own bunting, or, with help, their very own stand. We used old floor boards attached to a frame that sat on the edge of a camping table. Use masonite or plywood for the banner.