Who doesn’t love a bacon and egg roll. There is no better way to start the day than with one of these great rolls, a coffee and an orange juice. Eat it at home or head to the park – why wait in a cafe queue?
ROLLED EGG AND BACON ROLL
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 bread roll
- tomato chutney
- baby spinach
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of butter
- 2 field mushrooms (grilled or pan fried with butter and thyme)
- Cut the bread roll in half. Put spinach on the bottom and spread chutney on the lid of the bun.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon. Remove from pan and place on top of the spinach in the roll.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out the frypan, heat the frying pan to medium to high, then add the butter and melt it. Once the butter bubbles the pan is hot enough for the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and allow to set slightly. Using a rubber spatula, push the eggs to one side of the pan (see below). As they continue to set, drag them back towards you and fold over into a size to fit the roll.
- Put the eggs in the roll on top of the bacon, and serve immediately with a coffee or orange juice.
- Tell dad you love him and give him some time off on Father’s Day!
Join our FREE Dinner Done Challenge and banish the 5 o’clock panic forever. Join here.