With new season fresh produce now available, try this lovely fresh asparagus, nectarine and salted ricotta salad. Great with any barbecued meats and quick to prepare, it is a guaranteed hit. Salted ricotta is available in the deli section of your supermarket.
ASPARAGUS, NECTARINE AND SALTED RICOTTA SALAD
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch of asparagus ends cut and discarded the spears cut in half
- 200g/7oz salad leaves either oak leaf or rocket and spinach
- 2 yellow nectarines, sliced
- 100g/3.5oz of salted ricotta
- 2 tbsp/20ml of white condiment (also known as sweet white vinegar or white balsamic vinegar – or use Chinese rice vinegar or white vinegar as an alternative)
- 2 tbsp/20ml of olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the asparagus and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in iced water to help the asparagus retain its bright green colour.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, add the blanched asparagus, sliced nectarines, and crumbled ricotta. Sprinkle with vinegar, olive oil and salt and gentle mix, then arrange on a serving platter or in a bowl.
Don’t use vinegar with wine as an alternative – it is too sharp in taste for this recipe.