This dense banana bread has a long shelf life as it is packed with bananas, which keeps it moist for up to a week (if it lasts that long in your house!).
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 hour +
Makes: 10 slices
- 100g of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4–5 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon ground
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. Grease and flour a loaf tin, and line the base with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer on medium setting until pale and fluffy. Add the golden syrup then the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the bananas, then lower the speed on the mixer to low and fold through the flour and cinnamon.
- Once just combined, pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50–60 minutes. Test with a skewer and remove when cooked.
- Allow to cool, then serve.
This banana bread is great toasted and served with ricotta or labne (see previous post). If you want to be really naughty, add some maple syrup.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? PlanBuyCook has got you covered. Check out our meal planning app – you can even add your own recipes.