As you know, we love a super simple meal each week. And a BLT, or its more exotic alternative the BLAT using avocado, is one of these great meals for a Sunday or Friday night when you are low on dinner inspiration.
Prep: 2 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 8 slices of bread of your choice (sourdough works well)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, smashed
- 2 handfuls of loose leaf lettuce, or 8 leaves of lettuce of your choice
- mayonnaise (optional)
- sriracha or tomato sauce (optional)
- Heat a frypan and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Toast the bread, then assemble starting with mayonnaise (if using), then lettuce, tomato, bacon, and avocado.
- Top with other piece of bread and serve. Offer sriracha or tomato sauce on the side. Simple!