This chicken & chorizo braise is a lovely to recipe to double and freeze for an extra meal down the track. This will become a family favourite for sure.
CHICKEN & CHORIZO BRAISE
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 20ml/1tbsp of olive oil
- 600g / 1¼ lb of chicken thigh fillets
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250g of chorizo (cured)
- 2 tsp of sweet paprika ground
- 150g of roasted red capsicum / pepper (in jar/from deli)
- 1 cup of tomato passata purée
- 100ml / ⅓ cup of white wine (optional)
- 300ml / 1¼ cups of water
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- 8 kalamata olives
- vegetables or salad to serve
- crusty bread (serving suggestion)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and brown chicken in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan, then add a little water to assist cooking and prevent burning. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo, paprika and [capsicum|red pepper] and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato [passata|purée], wine (if using) and water, then bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to the saucepan. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add parsley and olives. Stir to combine.
- Serve with veggies or salad of your choice. Bread is also a great addition.
If you have a red capsicum/pepper in the refrigerator, you can use that instead of the roasted capsicum in the jar. The roasted capsicum imparts a nice flavour, but use up any fresh capsicum to avoid food waste.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
The PlanBuyCook meal planning app includes more than 130 recipes you can scale to match your household size. Available for iPhone and iPad here.