We love a simple lunchbox slice. This choc chip weetbix slice only takes moments to make and is freezable.
CHOC CHIP WEETBIX SLICE
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Makes: 18–21 pieces
- 150g unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 4 weetbix, crumbled
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of dark choc bits
- Pre heat oven to 170ºC /325ºF/ Gas mark 3.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking (parchment) paper.
- Place the brown sugar, weetbix, coconut, and flour in a bowl.
- Mix through the melted butter and add the chocolate bits.
- Press into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 20mins.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack and cut into squares when cooled.
Cut into portions and then freeze to make for easy placement in lunch boxes during the week. You don’t need to defrost it: from freezer to lunchbox and nothing in between.