This super quick meal is packed with goodness and can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for the whole family or even for a quick solo meal. If using a food processor to make the salsa verde, you really need to make it for 4 as the smaller quantities are often difficult to blend.
PAN FRIED SALMON WITH SALSA VERDE
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 20ml / 1 tbsp of olive oil, for cooking salmon
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 bunch of english spinach
- 2 cups of flat leaf parsley, picked and washed
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tsp of capers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/375ºF / Gas mark 5.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt.
- Heat the oil in the frypan. Place the fillets flesh-side down into the pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes, then turn to cook skin-side down for another 3 minutes. Then place skin-side down on a baking tray or in the frying pan (if ovenproof) for 5 minutes.
- Place all the salsa verde ingredients (parsley, anchovy, capers, garlic, lemon and oil) in a food processor and blend for a minute or two.
- Or if you are mixing by hand, chop the parsley until it is quite fine and place in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped anchovies, capers and garlic. Add to the parsley, along with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix to combine and set aside until serving on the salmon.
- To wilt the spinach, heat a dry frying pan then placed the washed leaves in the pan. Turn them as they wilt. Strain off excess liquid, then serve immediately.
- Remove salmon from the oven, place on plate skin-side down, top with salsa verde and with wilted spinach on the side.
You don’t need to cook salmon all the way through. It can dry out if overcooked. It literally only needs a few minutes on each side and finishing in the oven to be cooked to perfection.