These cinnamon jam drops will take you back to your childhood. But make plenty: they won’t last long.
CINNAMON JAM DROPS
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Makes: around 30
- 125g / 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 50g / 2oz of strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 170º C /325ºF/Gas mark 3.
- Line three baking trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- Cream the butter with a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the caster sugar and brown sugar and continue to cream until sugars are dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the flour and mix on lowest speed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and mix with a spatula.
- Roll the mix into 2 cm balls and place them on the trays. Using a back of a wet teaspoon, flatten each ball and make an indent in each to accommodate the jam.
- Put a small amount of jam on each biscuit and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
If you want to pump up the jam, add some extra jam after they have finished baking.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
Make some other great lunchbox treats using the PlanBuyCook meal planning app, available here.