These cinnamon jam drops will take you back to your childhood. But make plenty: they won’t last long.
CINNAMON JAM DROPS
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Makes: around 30
- 125g / 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 50g / 2oz of strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 170º C /325ºF/Gas mark 3.
- Line three baking trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- Cream the butter with a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the caster sugar and brown sugar and continue to cream until sugars are dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the flour and mix on lowest speed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and mix with a spatula.
- Roll the mix into 2 cm balls and place them on the trays. Using a back of a wet teaspoon, flatten each ball and make an indent in each to accommodate the jam.
- Put a small amount of jam on each biscuit and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
If you want to pump up the jam, add some extra jam after they have finished baking.