Try these Greek-inspired pork skewers with a Greek salad and tzatziki for a change rather than the traditional lamb. Lighter on the budget too. Look for the dried oregano still on its stem – available at the green grocer or check your supermarket.
GREEK PORK SKEWERS
Prep: 5 mins (+ marinating time)
Cook: 20 mins
- 20ml / 1 tbsp of olive oil
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp of dried Greek oregano (from the stem)
- ¼ tsp of cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp of dried mint
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or crushed
- 600g / 1lb 4oz of pork neck, fat removed and cubed (often labelled pork scotch fillet in the supermarket)
- Place all the ingredients, except the pork, in a bowl and combine.
- Toss through the diced pork, cover with cling film and refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, barbecue for 10–20 minutes, turning regularly.
- Rest in a warm spot covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with bread, and Greek salad.
Make your own tzatziki by combining Greek yoghurt, grated garlic, cumin, grated cucumber and salt.
PlanBuyCook is meal planning made simple. For over 130 great recipes scaled to your family size visit the App Store.
Join our FREE Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.