This noodle stir fry is such a quick dinner. Make it with or without meat. We have used chicken, but would also be great with any veggies in your fridge for a vegetarian alternative. If you are gluten free, you can now find GF rice noodles in the fridge section of the supermarket. Check your sauces to ensure they are gluten-free.
NOODLE STIR FRY
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 20ml (1 tbsp) oyster sauce
- 20ml (1 tbsp) of soy sauce
- ½ tsp of sesame oil
- 600g / 1lb 2 oz of noodles of your choice
- 20ml (1 tbsp) of olive or vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or crushed
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 300g / 10oz of chicken thighs or breast, sliced
- 20ml (1 tbsp) of sambal oelek
- ½ green capsicum / green pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 250g / 1 bunch of buk choy, sliced through
- Make the sauce by combining oyster, soy and sesame oil and set aside.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water, or as per packet instructions, for about 1 minute and drain.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan to high heat then add the olive or vegetable oil.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add the chicken, sambal oelek and toss through to coat.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the capsicum/green pepper, carrot and buk choy.
- Toss until the vegetables are wilted, then tip entire wok contents into a large bowl.
- Wipe out the pan then return it to the heat, and add the noodles and sauce from step 1. You may need to add some additional oil to stop the noodles sticking.
- Toss until heated through.
- Combine the noodles with the vegetables, then serve immediately.
This can be done with any type of noodle, either fresh or dried. Any are suitable. Just check the packet instructions for cooking times.
Want more great dinner recipes? Download the PlanBuyCook meal planning app at www.appstore.com/planbuycook.