These simple ham and cannellini bean fritters are a simple, kid-friendly meal, that are also great in the lunchbox.
HAM & CANNELLINI BEAN FRITTERS
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
- 20ml / 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or grated
- 800g / 28 oz of tinned cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 200g / 6 oz of ham, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of wholemeal breadcrumbs
- extra olive oil to coat fritters
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 4 fan forced.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frypan or saucepan, and cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Add a little water if they stick to the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the ham in a food processor, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the cannellini beans in the food processor, then place in the bowl with the ham.
- Add the parsley, mustard and cooled onion and garlic mix to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Form into small patties and refrigerate while you organise the coating.
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls/plates.
- Pass the patties through flour, eggs and breadcrumbs, then place on a flat baking tray lined with baking/parchment paper.
- Dip each patty onto a saucer with some oil to coat each side, then place back on the tray.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with salad or as a snack.
Wet your hands before coating the patties in flour – it helps stop the flour sticking to your fingers.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
Get dinner inspiration from the PlanBuyCook meal planning app, out now.