This lemon curd would have to be one of the easiest recipes around and is incredibly delicious. Lemons are in season and this is a great way to use them for an easy dessert – use store-bought shortcrust pastry or make your own. Freeze extra lemon juice in snapback bags in 125ml (half a cup) amounts for out-of-season lemon curd.
EASY LEMON CURD
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Use: as a tart filling, on crepes or pikelets, or with meringue.
- 250g of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125ml lemon juice
- 125g of butter, cubed
- Mix the sugar, eggs and lemon juice together in a microwave proof bowl.
- Stir in the cubed butter.
- Cook in the microwave in one minute bursts on HIGH setting (or MEDIUM HIGH if you have a 1000W + microwave). Remove from microwave every minute and whisk ingredients together. Repeat 3–4 times. It should be quite thick and coat the back of a wooden spoon when it is ready.
- Strain into sterilised jars to cool before covering. It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge in jars.
- OR leave in a glass bowl and refrigerate overnight before using the following day.
- You can pipe it into the pastry shells with some whipped cream, use with a meringue for pie, or serve on pancakes or pikelets.
Want some ideas for great dinner recipes? Check out the PlanBuyCook app.