Rocky road is great to make as an edible gift. The kids can even make it themselves to give to their teachers or friends. Cut into a slab or break into chunks for a moreish treat.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins plus cooling time
- 400g of milk chocolate
- 400g of dark chocolate
Plus your choice of the following:
- Kids’ rocky road: Lolly snakes, marshmallows, maltesers, clinkers
- Nutty about nuts: Raspberry jellies (or Turkish Delight), pistachios or peanuts, marshmallows
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the two types of chocolate together over a saucepan of boiling water.
- While the chocolate is melting, cut any larger ingredients into bite-sized portions.
- Line a baking tray or low loaf tins with baking paper.
- Add the chopped lollies and nuts to the melted chocolate and pour into the tray or tins. Flatten tops using silicone spatulas to if wishing to serve in long slabs.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Cut into either chunks or slabs, exposing the colourful contents.
- Place in cellophane bags and gift away.