Looking for a high protein, filling lunch? This sardine and white bean salad is so tasty and packed with goodness – it will become a regular on your lunch rotation. Don’t be afraid of tinned sardines, the best tapas bars in Spain do the same!
SARDINE AND WHITE BEAN SALAD
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- 480g (4 x 120g) of tinned sardines
- 800g of tinned cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley leaves, picked & washed
- ½ eschalot, finely sliced
- zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- black pepper
- ciabatta to serve
- Remove sardines from the tins and place on a plate.
- In a bowl mix the cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, parsley leaves, eschalots, lemon zest and vinegar.
- Place half the bean tomato mix on a platter and top with sardines. Then place remaining bean mix on top and sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve with a green salad and some grilled ciabatta.
We like Spanish Cuca sardines. There are only 3 to a 120g (4oz) tin, so allow one tin per person.