Incorporating at least one vegetarian meal each week is great for families to keep introducing more vegetables to the family diet, as well as for the budget. A quick meal that is a perfect use for the last of any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. #WarOnWaste #DinnerDone
VEGETABLE STIR FRY
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 cups of rice of your choice, steamed
- 2 tsp of malt vinegar
- ⅓ cup of oyster sauce (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2 tbsp of shao hsing or dry sherry
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp / 20ml of vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or grated
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 4 cups of broccoli, small florets
- 100g / 4 oz of green beans
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- 100g / 4 oz of sugar snap peas, tips snipped
- 20 cashews
- Steam rice as per packet instructions.
- Combine the vinegar, oyster sauce, shao hsing and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat, and add the vegetable oil. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrot, capsicum/peppers, broccoli and green beans, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock then cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and add the sugar snap peas and the sauce mix from step 2.
- Toss through, then serve topped with cashews. Serve with steamed rice.
Make this using any vegetables you have in the fridge. Adjust the volume of rice to need.