Incorporating at least one vegetarian meal each week is great for families to keep introducing more vegetables to the family diet, as well as for the budget. A quick meal that is a perfect use for the last of any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. #WarOnWaste #DinnerDone
VEGETABLE STIR FRY
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 cups of rice of your choice, steamed
- 2 tsp of malt vinegar
- ⅓ cup of oyster sauce (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2 tbsp of shao hsing or dry sherry
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp / 20ml of vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or grated
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 4 cups of broccoli, small florets
- 100g / 4 oz of green beans
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- 100g / 4 oz of sugar snap peas, tips snipped
- 20 cashews
- Steam rice as per packet instructions.
- Combine the vinegar, oyster sauce, shao hsing and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat, and add the vegetable oil. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrot, capsicum/peppers, broccoli and green beans, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock then cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and add the sugar snap peas and the sauce mix from step 2.
- Toss through, then serve topped with cashews. Serve with steamed rice.
Make this using any vegetables you have in the fridge. Adjust the volume of rice to need.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get all the know how to make meal planning a breeze. Join here – it is FREE.
Get the PlanBuyCook meal planning app for iPhone and iPad here.