This fishy twist on the traditional aglio e olio (garlic and oil) pasta is super fast and a really light fish pasta.
AGLIO E OLIO E PESCE
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 160g / 5 oz of spaghetti or spaghettini
- 60ml / 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or grated
- 1 tsp of salt (iodised)
- 180g / 6 oz of flathead fish, cubed
- ½ red chilli (finger sized), finely diced
- 80ml / 4 tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Boil some water in a medium saucepan and cook the pasta as per packed instructions, set aside a small amount of the pasta water before draining and set aside.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic until fragrant (not coloured).
- Add the fish and the salt and fry for about 3–4 minutes.
- Add the chilli, lemon juice, parsley.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Adjust the seasoning (more lemon or more salt) and add a little of the pasta water to loosen the pasta if required.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is best cooked in smaller batches (max 2 serves) as it is hard to get the consistency of lemon, chilli, garlic and fish throughout the dish.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
Dinner inspiration is just a click away. Check out the PlanBuyCook meal planning app here.