This vegetarian tofu salad is perfect for lunch. It uses up leftovers from your fridge, so plan to make it when you need wombok (napa cabbage) in your meal plan earlier in the week.
ASIAN TOFU SALAD
Prep: 15–20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 300g of firm tofu, diced
- 40ml (2 tbsp) of sweet chilli sauce
- 20ml (1 tbsp) of lemon or lime juice
- 6 cups of wombok (napa) cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- ½ red capsicum/peppers, finely sliced
- 1 eschalot, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch of fresh mint
- ½ bunch of coriander/cilantro (picked and washed) keep roots for pastes etc.
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp of crispy fried shallots/onions
- 60ml (3 tbsp) of soy sauce
- 120ml (½ cup) of water
- 60ml (3 tbsp) of rice vinegar
- 40g (2 tbsp) of caster sugar
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Place the tofu on a baking dish lined with baking paper and toss with sweet chilli sauce and lemon/lime juice.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and then place the tofu in oven for 15–20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, sugar, lime juice and garlic in a bowl, and set aside.
- Put the wombok, carrot, capsicum, eschalot, mint and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Toss the tofu through the salad then pour over the dressing,
- Serve with dried chilli flakes and crispy dried shallots and to taste.
Plan your meals to use up leftovers. Get the PlanBuyCook app here.
Join our FREE Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.