Hummus or houmous? However you spell it, the taste is the same. Here is our great, fast recipe for homemade hummus that will have everyone begging for more.
Prep: 2 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 6–8 for a dip
- 400g of tinned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp of cumin ground
- ½ tsp of salt (iodised)
- 125ml / ½ cup of water
- olive oil for presentation
- a sprinkle of paprika ground
- lebanese bread or pita bread for dipping
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning and consistency – add more water if a little thick.
- To serve, place in a bowl an make aswirl from the centre then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
Add a touch of garlic for a stronger flavour.
Get the PlanBuyCook meal planning with great recipes that you scale to match your household size. Visit the App Store for more information.