Mastering some tasty, homemade marinades is the key for quick meals that are cooked from scratch. We love this simple Indian chicken marinade either in a wrap or served with a simple salad or rice. It is made from just four key ingredients you generally have at home. Use your favourite meat or even marinate eggplant and then bake it.
INDIAN CHICKEN MARINADE
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 cup of natural/Greek yoghurt
- 3 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- 600 grams (1 lb 3 oz) of chicken thigh fillets or meat of your choice
- wraps or steamed rice
- cucumber, baby spinach or salad leaves
- yoghurt for serving
- eggplant chutney, lime pickle or mango chutney to taste
- Combine the yoghurt and spices then add the chicken thighs.
- Marinate overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Heat the BBQ or grill plate to very hot. Rub the plate or bars of the BBQ with some oil on paper towel, then cook the meat for 7–8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Warm the wraps on the grill or in the oven if using.
- Serve on wraps with chutney or pickle, lettuce, cucumber and yoghurt.
- You can also just grown the meat on the grill and then finish cooking in the oven if you are not confident about BBQing. Heat oven to 160ºC/375F/Gas mark 3–4 and leave for 15–20 minutes.
- Marinate the meat when you get home from the supermarket. Double the portions and freeze half for a few weeks down the track.