Get on the ramen bandwagon with this simple recipe using any leftover meat, some noodles and a few fridge ingredients. It is a fantastic lunch any time of the year. Also great as a vegetarian meal with some silken tofu or hard boiled egg.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp of white miso paste
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 250g of Chinese dried wheat noodles
- 300g of enoki mushrooms or Asian mushroom mix
- 50g / 2″ section of leek, julienne
- 1 bunch of Chinese broccoli
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 spring onion (scallion/green onion), finely sliced
- 100g of meat of your choice
- In a medium sized pot, place the miso paste then add 2 tbsp of boiling water. Dissolve the miso and stir to get rid of any lumps.
- Add the rest of the boiling water then bring back to the boil and add the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Soak or cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Place the noodles in the bottom or each serving bowl, top with mushrooms, leek, broccoli, carrot, onion and meat.
- Pour the miso broth over the noodles and other ingredients, dividing evenly between bowls.
- Serve immediately.
You can use any meat you have leftover – great with pork, chicken or beef.