This old school classic eastern European salad that tastes sensational. Not much to look at, you’ll be surprised by the fabulous reaction you’ll get to this Russian salad. Go on – try it! It won’t disappoint.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 400g / 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm/1″ dice
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 3cm/1″ dice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g of gherkins, sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp of natural/plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, washed and picked
- ½ cup of frozen edamame beans (soybeans), peeled and defrosted
- white pepper
- Place the potatoes and carrots in saucepans, bring to the boil and cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Bring another saucepan to the boil, and place the eggs gently in and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and refresh under old water and peel while still warm. Chop or slice the eggs.
- Combine the yoghurt and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Once the potatoes and carrots have cooled completely, combine them in a bowl with the eggs, peas, gherkins, parsley and edamame. Stir through the mayonnaise mixture, adjust seasoning and serve.
This salad is a meal in itself. Just add some leafy greens to go with it.
Join our Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.
Meal planning can save you time and money. Download the PlanBuyCook meal planning app to get you started.