This old school classic eastern European salad that tastes sensational. Not much to look at, you’ll be surprised by the fabulous reaction you’ll get to this Russian salad. Go on – try it! It won’t disappoint.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 400g / 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm/1″ dice
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 3cm/1″ dice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g of gherkins, sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp of natural/plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, washed and picked
- ½ cup of frozen edamame beans (soybeans), peeled and defrosted
- white pepper
- Place the potatoes and carrots in saucepans, bring to the boil and cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Bring another saucepan to the boil, and place the eggs gently in and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and refresh under old water and peel while still warm. Chop or slice the eggs.
- Combine the yoghurt and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Once the potatoes and carrots have cooled completely, combine them in a bowl with the eggs, peas, gherkins, parsley and edamame. Stir through the mayonnaise mixture, adjust seasoning and serve.
This salad is a meal in itself. Just add some leafy greens to go with it.