Niçoise salad is quick and easy and makes a great quick dinner or lunch. The oil from the tuna works with the lemon to make the dressing – simplifying the process.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 8 chat potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200g of green beans, tails removed
- cos lettuce, washed and spun
- 425g of tinned tuna in oil
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan of cold water, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes). Strain and then slice or quarter.
- In a separate small saucepan, boil some water and then place eggs gently into the boiling water. Simmer for 8–9 minutes.
- Strain the eggs, then immerse in cold water then peel before they cool. Cut the eggs lengthwise into wedges.
- Blanch the green beans by bringing salted water to the boil. Place the beans in the pot, return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Strain then refresh in ice cold water. Set aside.
- To assemble, place the potatoes, green beans, lettuce, tuna with the oil, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl and lightly toss.
- Divide amongst four plates or bowls, then top with eggs.