Niçoise salad is quick and easy and makes a great quick dinner or lunch. The oil from the tuna works with the lemon to make the dressing – simplifying the process.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 8 chat potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200g of green beans, tails removed
- cos lettuce, washed and spun
- 425g of tinned tuna in oil
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan of cold water, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes). Strain and then slice or quarter.
- In a separate small saucepan, boil some water and then place eggs gently into the boiling water. Simmer for 8–9 minutes.
- Strain the eggs, then immerse in cold water then peel before they cool. Cut the eggs lengthwise into wedges.
- Blanch the green beans by bringing salted water to the boil. Place the beans in the pot, return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Strain then refresh in ice cold water. Set aside.
- To assemble, place the potatoes, green beans, lettuce, tuna with the oil, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl and lightly toss.
- Divide amongst four plates or bowls, then top with eggs.
Get more fantastic meal ideas on the PlanBuyCook app, available here.
Join our FREE Dinner Done Challenge to get your meal planning sorted. It includes a free printable meal planner and shopping list template, recipes, tips and know-how to get you from zero to meal planning hero in just 25 days.