These great no-cook muesli bars are packed with seeds – perfect for lunch boxes or snacks. They are also FODMAP friendly.
QUINOA MUESLI BARS
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 mins plus 1 hour setting time in fridge
Makes: 12 bars
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch of salt (iodised)
- 4 (70g) of dates, chopped
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 3.
- Place baking/parchment paper on 2 baking trays, and place the seeds and nuts (almond slivers, sunflower seeds and pepitas) on one tray, and the quinoa flakes on the second tray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5–10 minutes until they turn a light golden colour. Once cooked, removed from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the coconut, salt, dates and rice malt syrup.
- Add the seeds, nuts and quinoa to the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking/parchment paper, and then press the mixture into the tray. Cover the top of the mixture with cling film and press firmly into the tray to give a nice flat surface.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator and allow to set for an hour.
- Remove, trim edges and then cut into 12 bars.
These bars also freeze well.