This is a super quick meal that is tasty and very filling. If you love curries and haven’t got the time to slow cook one, this Thai pork curry is for you.
THAI PORK CURRY
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 20ml / 1 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil
- 600g of pork mince (ground pork)
- 2 tsp of red curry paste (Maesri brand preferably)
- 1 eschalot, finely sliced
- 270ml of coconut cream
- 225g of tinned bamboo shoots, sliced
- 40ml / 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (finely slice 2 leaves and keep others whole)
- 8 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves / cilantro
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 lime, quartered (or lemon)
- jasmine rice, steamed
- Heat a wok and add the oil. Saute the pork until brown.
- Add the curry paste, eschalot and coconut cream, and stir through.
- Add the bamboo shoots, fish sauce, brown sugar and lime leaves. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Steam the rice as per packet instructions.
- After 20 minutes, check the meat mixture and adjust the seasoning with a little more fish sauce if required
- Serve with coriander/cilantro, cucumber, lettuce, rice and lime or lemon wedges.
Not all store bought curry pastes are the same. We like the Maesri brand.