You don’t need to wait for berry season to make these great Raspberry oat bars. With some jam and other simple ingredients you have a perfect snack.
RASPBERRY OAT BARS
Makes: 18 bars
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 125g of butter, cubed
- 1 cup of raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 160ºC / 325ºF / Gas mark 3.
- Line an 23cm x 30cm baking tray (or equivalent) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt) together with the vanilla essence.
- Rub the cubed butter into the oat mixture to make a breadcrumb texture.
- Remove one cup of oat mixture and set aside. Spread remaining mixture into the bottom of the baking tray and press down into the tray.
- Spoon the jam onto the oat base and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the jam and place in the oven.
- Cook for 25–30 minutes until the crumble is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 18 bars.
- You can also freeze the bars once cooked. Enjoy.
Experiment with other flavours of jam/jelly.