This super delicious Thai baked chicken has all the taste of a green chicken curry without the thick rich sauce. Quick to make, it is great to serve with rice and steamed Asian vegetables or noodles. Marinate overnight for best results. It freezes too.
THAI BAKED CHICKEN
Prep: 10 mins + overnight (min 4 hours) marinating time
Cook: 30 mins
- 270ml / 9 fl oz can coconut cream
- 2 tsp green curry paste (preferably Masi or Mae Ploy brand)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 40ml / 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 800g / 1.5lb of chicken thigh fillets
- 1 lime
- 8 sprigs of fresh coriander / cilantro
- Combine the coconut cream, green curry paste, brown sugar and fish sauce in a large bowl.
- Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and add to the coconut cream marinade. Stir to combine and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 375ºF / Gas mark 4.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken thighs in a single layer in a baking dish and bake for 30 mins.
- If serving with rice, steam the rice and the veggies while the chicken cooks.
- Serve with steamed rice, steamed greens, a squeeze of lime and fresh coriander/cilantro.