Tuna and corn patties are a perfect lunchbox alternative to sandwiches and also great for an after-school snack. For younger kids they are a meal in themselves.
TUNA & CORN PATTIES
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 200g /½ lb of sweet potato/yams, grated
- ½ cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of corn (tinned or frozen)
- 185g /6 oz of tinned tuna in oil
- 1 egg
- olive oil for frying
- Mix the sweet potato/yam, flour, corn, tuna and egg in a bowl. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and enough olive oil for frying. Form into patties and place straight into the pan. Cook over a low to medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Add extra olive oil with each new batch to stop patties from sticking.
- Serve either hot or cold as a snack or in lunchboxes.
Keep the cooked patties warm in the oven while cooking the extra batches.