Corny, but we couldn’t resist – some little chocolate hearts for the special person / people in your life. So yummy that you may have difficulty parting with them. Gluten free too.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 60 mins
Makes: 16 small hearts
- 125ml of sour cream
- 30ml of frangelico or brandy
- 300g of dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 50g of caster sugar
- cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 120ºC.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a heat-prof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the chopped chocolate, sour cream and frangelico or brandy, and mix until chocolate has melted.
- Pour mixture into a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes. It should be a little wobbly in the centre when ready as it will continue to cook in its own heat.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled to room temperature, place in the freezer to make it easier to cut.
- Using a cookie cutter (heart shaped if it is your heart’s desire) cut out the fudge.
- Dust with cocoa and place on a serving plate or in a gift box.
- Serve to all loved ones on Valentine’s Day or any day.
Planning a hot date? Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a meal cooked for you! Get some dinner inspiration at appstore.com/planbuycook